Wednesday 1 June 2011

Life in the Real World ain't easy

I'll admit it.  All the optimism that I had at the beginning of the summer is slowly dwindling.  I've place my play through its second draft treatment, and now I've got a ways into a short story but I just don't know where I'm taking it.  I probably should have gotten a start on continuing my novel, but that seems a bit in the distance right now.

In other news, I'm still waiting for the response from the two magazines that I submitted to a while back.  To quote Mr. Tom Petty: "The wait is the hardest part".  To quote any person waiting in a line: "waiting sucks".

I found out that my home town has a "writing circle", it's called "after hours authors" and they meet in seemingly random locations after standard business hours are over.  I'm planning on attending, but I'm a bit worried about what I'm going to get myself into here.  My having a degree in writing may either cause them to latch onto me, or lead them to hate me and view me as an intellectual poser.  I realize that I haven't gotten anything published into a "serious" publication, but that doesn't mean that I don't know a few things.

No comments:

Post a Comment