Thursday 28 April 2011

Three days into Freedom

I've been officially "out of school" and in my hometown for three days now, and I must say that things have been interesting.

The most interesting thing that relates to writing is my daily word goal.  For the past two years I've attended readings at the UBCO that featured many established authors, and many of them encouraged people to keep writing by setting a daily word goal.  The goal that they told people to usually set was about 200 words, but I've been finding that every night, while sitting in the living room with the TV on, I've managed to hammer out a good 500 words in very little time.  I must say that I'm quite happy with this.  I do realize that this number will probably drop when I manage to secure steady employment, but for now I'll take whatever I can get.

No comments:

Post a Comment